On behalf of Arizona Automotive Institute, I want to update you on the status of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
We have been notified that an individual present at Arizona Automotive Institute Glendale the week of June 20th has been diagnosed with COVID-19. As such, people at the Arizona Automotive Institute Glendale campus during that time period may have been exposed.
We are taking the following steps to ensure the safety of all our students and staff:
Guidance and Protocols
Employees, Students, and Guests
- Avoid person-to-person contact such as shaking hands or hugs, large gatherings, and close quarters.
- If you are around other people, keep 6 feet between you when possible.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wear face coverings over your nose and mouth.
- Adhere to public health hygienic recommendations by washing your hands often, including after touching commonly used items or coming into contact with someone who is sick.
- Proper handwashing involves scrubbing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
- If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash and wash your hands.
- Stay home if you have a fever over 100.4 degrees, cough, or shortness of breath until you are symptom-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing drugs. We will require any employees, students, or guests who exhibit signs of illness to exit the campus area.
All programs will adhere to the following:
- Individuals in any lab will be limited to 10. All theory and general education coursework will remain in an online environment.
- Desks or workstations will be at least six feet apart and ensure physical distancing and spacing of individuals.
- Instruction schedules may be staggered if required to limit contact between students as they arrive and leave campus.
- Students are allowed to take individual breaks in designated, regularly cleaned areas, versus scheduled breaks for the entire class.
Our top priority has always been the health and safety of our students and staff. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mike Cooley, Executive Director via email at – Michael.Cooley@aai.edu. and I will set up a time to discuss.