Military Financial Aid - AAI

Military Financial Aid

Finding Financial Aid for Military Students

Many students have financial aid* options available to them in the form of scholarships, grants, and student loans. Military students have even more ways to pay for their education. In fact, military students should look into these options first because you may not have to pay them back.

*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.

What Kinds of Funding Are Available?

As you start looking into career programs, you should also consider the different types of funding at your disposal. Because of your service in the military, you may be eligible to receive military benefits that reduce your total out of pocket costs.

Here are some of the financial assistance resources available to you as a military student:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Military Tuition Assistance

If you are a member of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force or Coast Guard, military tuition assistance programs can pay up to 100% of your tuition costs. This financial assistance isn’t a loan – you don’t need to pay this money back! You may be eligible based on your military service.

There are limitations to this resource. Military tuition assistance programs have a cap on the number of classes you can take and how much money they offer each year, which may prolong your education. You can find more information by speaking with your commanding officer or an on-base education officer or call us with your questions at 888.419.9440.

Veterans Education Benefits Including Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® and Montgomery G.I. Bill®

These two bills were passed by Congress to provide members of the military with federal funding that can be used towards a Certificate, Diploma or Degree. Since these aren’t loans, you won’t need to pay them back, and they can provide up to 36 months of financial assistance.

Unlike military tuition assistance programs, your benefits may be used for items in addition to tuition. Use these links about the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and the Montgomery GI Bill® to get more information, or call us today at 888.419.9440.

Is your spouse in the Military? They May be Eligible for a My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship

Military personnel aren’t the only ones who could receive education benefits; spouses of those who serve in the military may be eligible to receive up to $4,000 in total tuition assistance or $2,000 per fiscal year.

  • Your education must lead to a portable career (one that is not dependent on your location)
  • Your education must result in an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Licensure.
  • Your program of study must be completed within three years of starting your first course.
  • You must be a spouse of an active duty service member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2. This includes spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members within those ranks. Spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders

For more details about how you or your spouse may qualify to receive up to $4,000, please call 480-518-9751.